Pinterest has become a powerful marketing tool, with over 400 million monthly active users. In addition, the platform offers a unique opportunity to reach a specific target audience, with 77% of its users being women. If you’re considering adding Pinterest to your marketing mix, here are some more reasons why you should:
1. Drive Traffic to Your Website
Pinterest is one of the top drivers of referral traffic, with over 2 billion monthly searches conducted on the platform. Brands can use it to showcase their products or services through eye-catching visuals, leading to increased website traffic. In fact, according to Hootsuite, Pin drives more website traffic than Twitter, LinkedIn, and Reddit combined.
2. Pinterest Boosts Sales
As a visual platform, Pinterest is ideal for showcasing products and services. 90% of weekly Pinners use the platform to make purchasing decisions. According to a survey by Shopify, the average order value for sales originating from Pinterest is $50, which is higher than any other major social media platform.
3. Pinterest Expands Brand Awareness
It is an excellent platform for building brand awareness. Pew Research Center has reported that 28% of adult internet users in the U.S. use the site, meaning there is a significant opportunity to reach new audiences. Additionally, users are more likely to try new brands, with 83% of Pinners discovering new brands on the platform.
4. Cost-Effective Advertising
Pinterest offers a cost-effective advertising solution for businesses of all sizes. Promoted Pins, similar to regular pins but advertised to a wider audience, have a 5% higher engagement rate than organic pins. According to Hootsuite, Promoted Pins have a 22% lower cost per click than the industry average.
5. Diversify Your Marketing Mix
Incorporating Pin into your marketing mix can help you diversify your social media strategy. 90% of businesses on Pinterest say the platform has helped them grow their online presence. It provides a unique opportunity to showcase products and services visually, which can help differentiate your brand from competitors.
Pinterest Best Practices
- 80/20 rule: Ensure 80% of your content is non-promotional, and 20% is promotional.
- Use Rich Pins: Use Rich Pins to add more details to your pins, such as pricing and product information, which can help increase click-through rates and sales.
- Optimize your Boards: Use clear, keyword-rich titles and descriptions to optimize your boards. This will make it easier for people to find your content when they search on Pinterest.
- Pin Regularly: Pin regularly to keep your profile active and increase your chances of being seen by potential customers.
- Use High-Quality Images: Use high-quality images that are visually appealing and showcase your products or services in the best possible way.
- Engage with your Followers: Engage with your followers by promptly responding to comments and messages. This can help build a relationship with your audience and increase customer loyalty.
- Use Promoted Pins: Consider using Promoted Pins to increase the visibility of your content and drive more traffic to your website.
Pinterest offers a range of benefits for businesses looking to expand their marketing mix. From driving website traffic to boosting sales, increasing brand awareness, and offering cost-effective advertising solutions, Pinterest is a platform that you should pay attention to. With its engaged community, high referral traffic, and unique visual features, Pin can help businesses of all sizes reach their marketing goals.